Sunday, December 7, 2008

DES’s Other Daughters: Neglected Evidence of Prenatal Gender Development

A Guest Essay by

Dana Beyer, M.D.

www.danabeyer.com


I spent the first half century of my life searching for the reason I was assigned, reared, and living as a man even though I knew I was female. As a child it was utterly confusing, and when coming out to my parents led to threats of incarceration in the state mental hospital, being the smart little kid that I was, I went silent and focused on trying to determine the causes of my misery. I could never imagine, in my wildest dreams or fantasies, ever transitioning and living full-time as myself; I couldn’t even imagine spending even a day in public as a woman. So I focused my attention on an academic future, scouring all the major libraries in the northeast, reading everything I could about gender variant behavior, trying to understand how I became who I was.


To read the whole article:

Click here


This is a service provided by the

Organisation Intersex International